Wednesday, May 02, 2012

This is a Test . . .

Whisper of God
For you, O God, have tested us;
    you have tried us as silver is tried.

Psalm 66:10 ESV

Observation
The psalmist encourages us to give praise to God for all that the Lord has done on our behalf. God has done awesome things! And yet in the midst of all God has done we are also reminded that God has tested us.
This is no ordinary test! It is like the refining of silver put to the fire. The silversmith knows the sliver is pure when his reflection can be seen. God tests us to prove us - to see His reflection in our day to day lives.
I for one still have a long way to go until I am like Jesus in every way. Yet today I can think of three way God will test me:
(1) INTEGRITY TEST - God wants to prove my character to be a man without compromise - to be whole and unbroken.
(2) FAITHFULNESS TEST - God wants to prove that I will not waiver in my faith, but continue to trust Him in all things.
(3) FINANCIAL TEST - God wants to prove that I will love Him and not the god of money; no one can serve two masters.
With God's help I am up to the test.

Real Life Application 

In the heat of the test I need to look for God's image to be seen in. If Jesus can be seen in me then and only then have I passed the test!

Day's Prayer
Lord help me to not be surprised by the tests that come into my life. I don't want to be guilty like a student who has not studied of saying, "What test?" even though the test may be hard help me to remember it is not given to overwhelm or destroy me. The test is to prove me, to make the reflection of Jesus visible in me. Holy Spirit help me to pass the tests that come my way each day.

No comments: