Friday, May 11, 2012

Focus

Whisper of God     Whom have I in heaven but you?
     And earth has nothing I desire
     besides you.
Psalm 73:25

ObservationThe psalmists confidence is in God and God alone. He knows that all who trust in the things of this world will perish. His desire is to be near the Lord who is his refuge.
Is my confidence in the Lord in this same way? Or do I make the mistake of looking to people or the things of this world?

Real Life ApplicationPeople will let me down; only God will never fail. I must trust Him.

Day's PrayerLord I confess that I fall short of Asaph's prayer. It is one thing for me to know that you are trustworthy and it is another to make you my singular hearts desire. Holy Spirit help me to let go of the things of this world that will end the end perish. Forgive me for looking to man. Give me an undivided heart to trust in you alone. O God you are my refuge.

No comments: